Turn a store-bought graham cracker crust, frozen peaches and whipped topping into this pretty pie. Fruit-flavored gelatin provides a refreshing topping for the delightful cream cheese filling. -Gina Glassford, Provo, Utah
Recommended: Outstanding Pie Recipes from Across America
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach, apricot or orange gelatin
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (9 ounces)*
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in gelatin until dissolved. Add peaches. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into pie crust. Spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Cream Pie in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p31
Reviews forPeachy Cream Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
"My wife makes this pie alot, It is great.She also uses Strawberries or Blueberries, She just changes the Jello to match the berry. Awesome"