Peachy Cranberry Sauce
When I was newly married, my mother-in-law gave me this recipe so I could bring a dish to the family dinner. It’s stunning in a crystal bowl. —Heidi Azar, San Diego, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup; coarsely chop peaches. In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, onion, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and reserved syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until berries pop, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chopped peaches; remove from heat. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold. Just before serving, stir in pecans.
Originally published as Cranberry Chutney in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.