When I was newly married, my mother-in-law gave me this recipe so I could bring a dish to the family dinner. It’s stunning in a crystal bowl. —Heidi Azar, San Diego, California
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup; coarsely chop peaches. In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, onion, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and reserved syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until berries pop, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chopped peaches; remove from heat. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold. Just before serving, stir in pecans. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
Originally published as Peachy Cranberry Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p60