Peachy Cinnamon Rice Pudding Recipe
“This delicious variation on a classic has become a family favorite,” relates Shanna Webb of Ridgecrest, California. “Anyone who loves the warm comfort of rice pudding will love this recipe.”
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced peaches
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup 100% peach or apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the water, rice, butter and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender (some of the liquid will not be absorbed).
- 2. Drain peaches, reserving 1/3 cup juice; set peaches aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, milk and reserved juice until smooth. Gradually stir into rice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in spreadable fruit and cinnamon until fruit is melted. Cool to room temperature. Chop peaches; stir into rice mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 195 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Peachy Cinnamon Rice Pudding
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC