Peachy Chicken Salad
With peaches and pecans among the ingredients, I think this recipe definitely reflects my state. My family really enjoys it.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup frozen tiny peas, thawed
- 2 large peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, stir the mayonnaise, milk, salt, pepper and tarragon until smooth. Add chicken and toss to coat. Stir in grapes, peas, peaches and pecans. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 379 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Peachy Chicken Salad in Country April/May 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.