Peachy Cheese Danish
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons peach preserves or flavor of your choice
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons whole milk
- Separate dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into a 7x3-1/2-in. rectangle. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth; spread over rectangles. Roll up from a long side; pinch edges to seal. Holding one end, loosely coil each.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top each coil with 2 teaspoons preserves. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over the tops.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 435 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 1, 2015
I reviewed these Danish previously as "xicota", but have changed my name since that time. These rolls are very tasty and we enjoy them. I wanted to mention that I found the two tablespoons of lemon juice made the cream cheese mixture quite thin--runny. I would start with one tablespoon and add more juice if necessary. :-)
May 14, 2013
Just this morning, my husband thought we should have some rolls *or something for breakfast*. Will definitely be making some time this week for him. Thank you for sharing!! K.
Aug 21, 2010
I've made these Danish three times already, and they are soooo good! Mine didn't look quite as perfect as the photo, but nevertheless, they were enjoyed immensely by my family and myself. I have also used apricot and raspberry preserves with excellent results.