"This bright and colorful salsa tastes so fresh, it's a welcome change from the store-bought varieties," says Shelly Platten of Amherst, Wisconsin. "It's wonderful served with tortilla chips. I usually make a double batch since my husband and our two children can't seem to get enough of it."
Recommended: 68 Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons seeded chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, avocado and lime juice. Add the remaining ingredients; lightly toss just until combined. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, fish or chicken. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Peachy Avocado Salsa in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p63
Reviews forPeachy Avocado Salsa
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2010
"very tasty would make again"