Peachy Applesauce Salad
I've been revising many recipes and creating new ones since my husband developed diabetes a couple of years ago. Folks will enjoy this dish whether it's served as a salad or dessert.—Marcille Meyer, Battle Creek, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free peach or mixed fruit gelatin
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 fresh peach, peeled and chopped
- In a saucepan, bring soda to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add applesauce; chill until partially set. Fold in whipped topping, nutmeg and vanilla. Fold in peach. Chill until firm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 99 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Peachy Applesauce Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.