Peaches Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Trim pastry to 1 in. beyond edge of pie plate; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice and extract. Add sugar, tapioca and salt; toss gently. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 3. Pour into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- 4. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 425 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Peaches Pie
"Delectable! We had almond extract, so we used it, but it could easily be replaced with vanilla extract or omitted altogether. We also added a little cinnamon to spice it up. Wonderful pie!"
"Tasted great - only used half the sugar. Still plenty sweet!"
"very good..however i left out the almond extract and also used 1/2c brown sugar & 1/2c white sugar...pie had a nice 'fresh peach' flavor."