- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Trim pastry to 1 in. beyond edge of pie plate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice and extract. Add sugar, tapioca and salt; toss gently. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forPeaches Pie
"Delectable! We had almond extract, so we used it, but it could easily be replaced with vanilla extract or omitted altogether. We also added a little cinnamon to spice it up. Wonderful pie!"
"Tasted great - only used half the sugar. Still plenty sweet!"
"very good..however i left out the almond extract and also used 1/2c brown sugar & 1/2c white sugar...pie had a nice 'fresh peach' flavor."