Peaches ‘n’ Cream Waffle Dippers
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min./batch
Makes6 servings (2 cups sauce)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups chopped frozen peaches, thawed, divided
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- 3/4 cup peach yogurt
- Toasted pecans and ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk, butter and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Stir in 1 cup peaches.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Cut waffles into 1-in. strips.
- In a small bowl, fold whipped cream into yogurt. Serve with waffles. Sprinkle with remaining peaches and, if desired, pecans and cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts8 waffle strips with 1/3 cup sauce: 341 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Dec 13, 2016
These were really delicious and a great change to waffles. I did add an extra cup of flour to the mix because I thought the batter looks too runny. They turned out perfect with the extra flour.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.