Peaches & Cream Pie
When fresh peaches are available, I make this pie all the time. My husband and I periodically sponsor a dessert party for our friends, and the peach cream pie remains a favorite.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cream, sugar, flour and butter. Arrange peach slices in crust; pour egg mixture over top. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 35-45 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 288 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Peach Cream Tart in Reminisce Extra July 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.