Peaches & Cream Pie
When fresh peaches are available, I make this pie all the time. My husband and I periodically sponsor a dessert party for our friends, and the peach cream pie remains a favorite.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cream, sugar, flour and butter. Arrange peach slices in crust; pour egg mixture over top. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 35-45 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 288 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Peach Cream Tart in Reminisce Extra July 2009