Peaches and Cream
This peaches-and-cream dessert is always refreshing. When peaches aren't in season, I use frozen fruit with great results.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-3/4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 5 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- In a small bowl, combine the peaches, 3 teaspoons sugar and lemon juice; set aside. Combine whipped cream, vanilla and remaining sugar; fold gently. Cut sponge cakes into small pieces; place in a bowl. Fold in peach mixture and whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Peach Delight in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.