Peaches and Cream
This peaches-and-cream dessert is always refreshing. When peaches aren't in season, I use frozen fruit with great results.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-3/4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 5 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- In a small bowl, combine the peaches, 3 teaspoons sugar and lemon juice; set aside. Combine whipped cream, vanilla and remaining sugar; fold gently. Cut sponge cakes into small pieces; place in a bowl. Fold in peach mixture and whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Peach Delight in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook