"Packed with cinnamon and chunks of peaches, these muffins are always a hit," says Carole Fraser from Toronto, Ontario. "They are very easy to make, and there are never any left over."
Recommended: 22 Ways to Cook with Cinnamon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups bran flakes cereal
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Cut the peaches and cream cheese into 1/2-in. cubes; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, honey, butter and lemon peel until blended. Stir in the bran flakes, peaches and cream cheese. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peaches "N" Cream Muffins in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p53