- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 5 to 7 tablespoons ice water
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg and vinegar; add to flour mixture. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out one portion to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches and lemon juice. In another bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; stir in cream. Pour over peaches; gently toss to coat. Spoon into crust. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 45-50 minutes or until peaches are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forPeaches 'n' Cream Lattice Pie
"I have been winning blue ribbons at fairs with my pies. I use vinegar in my piecrust but I add an equal amount of sugar. I like this creamy pie."
"I made this pie for a family reunion and EVERYONE approached me raving about how good it is. It is worth the 600 calories!"
"I do have to say that this pie crust recipe was the only crust recipe I have made that has actually turned out great. The pie itself was okay. It tasted like regular peach pie for the most part. My pie also didn't hold up while cutting, but that could've been baker error as I am not a pie expert :) I will definitely add this to our favorite recipes as my family devoured it!"
"VINEGAR in pie crust?--I'm not using it in mine!"
"Do I pre-bake the crust?"
"YUMMY. My third attempt at a pie and it turned out beautifully. The crust was perfect! My family loved it! Thanks."