Looking for a way to make French toast into something extra special? This scrumptious breakfast dish is topped with peach butter and bursting flavor. Whip it up the night before and grill in minutes on a busy Christmas morning.
Recommended: Our Berriest Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup peach preserves, divided
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 slices French bread, (1/2 inch thick)
- 6 tablespoons butter (no substitutes), softened, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- Sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 medium ripe peaches, sliced
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and 3 tablespoons preserves. Add cream; mix well. Arrange bread in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Pour egg mixture over bread; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For peach butter, beat 4 tablespoons butter and remaining preserves in a small mixing bowl until fluffy; set aside. Cook bread slices in remaining butter on a hot griddle until golden brown on each side. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and almonds. Serve with peach butter and sliced peaches. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peaches 'n' Cream French Toast in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p14