- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and water together; sprinkle over flour mixture and toss. Form dough into a ball; roll out on a lightly floured surface to a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For filling, combine sugar and flour; toss with the peaches. Pour into the crust. Pour cream over peaches; sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25 minutes longer or until peaches are tender. Let stand for 25 minutes before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPeaches 'n' Cream Dessert
"I made this dessert recipe twice! It is a real winner! The only change I made was to use 5 Tbsp. water for the crust. The 2nd time I made this dessert, I had 5 fresh peaches-the first time, I used 4 peaches. When one of my fellow community residents tasted this dessert the first time, she asked me to make it again! delowenstein"
"I'm always looking for new recipes for the delicious fresh peaches we get here in Utah. This one is definitely a winner! So easy and yet so DELICIOUS!! Try it with vanilla ice cream."
"I used home-canned peaches and reduced the sugar in the filling to 1/2 cup. It was plenty sweet enough. This is a very tasty dessert. II will definitely make this again."