Peaches & Cream Dessert
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) pecan shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches, thawed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, gelatin and cornstarch; stir in soda until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in whipped topping until blended. Spread over crust. Combine peaches and pineapple juice. Arrange over cream cheese layer. Pour gelatin mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 446 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 10, 2017
Made this gluten free so had to add pecans to the cookies in food processor and I baked the crust for 10 minutes so it would stand up longer. Great alternative to peach cobbler with fresh peaches.
Aug 5, 2017
I've been making this recipe for two years and it's wonderful. Make the day before for best results.
Jun 19, 2013
Very tasty, and easy to make. Didn't quite set up all the way though.
Apr 5, 2013
It was good but I just wasn't wowed by it. It turned out well just not worthy of my favorites cook book.
Sep 9, 2012
This is one of my favorite summer desserts when peaches are in season! I have made it three or four times and it is always raved about!
Sep 8, 2012
Very tasty, and excellent summer dessert.
Sep 5, 2012
I made this for Mondays dessert, my family loved it. I gave the recipe to my daughter in laws to take home.
Sep 4, 2012
Made with fresh peaches, it was easy and quite tasty. Next time I will slice peaches thinner to make cutting into them when eating a bit easier. Quite a light and refreshing dessert.
Sep 2, 2012
We love this dessert! My brother had it for his birthday dessert and my grandmother has brought it over for a special treat many a time. Delicious and yummy......I can never have just one piece! Wish I could do something about the fat and calories though, but otherwise, a fantastic dessert!
Jun 22, 2011
I modified it by making a graham cracker crust and using apricot gelatin. I also used canned peaches and left out the pineapple juice. The gelatin thickened up nicely and I only refrigerated it for about 4 hours before serving it. It was a big hit.