Peach Streusel Pie
Dad will want to save room for dessert when this peach pie from our Test Kitchen is on the menu. Serve each warm juicy slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granola cereal (without raisins)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. line the pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and peaches. Spoon into pastry shell. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, granola, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 360 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Peach Streusel Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Sep 21, 2016
Made this last night but had to make it gluten free so subbed oatmeal for granola andhubby loved it.
Aug 16, 2011
Good tasting recipe, a nice combo of traditional pie & "crisp".