Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped dried peaches or apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add sour cream, peaches and vanilla; stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead gently 4-5 times (dough will be sticky). Divide dough in half; gently pat each portion into an 8-in. circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut each into four wedges; separate wedges slightly.
- Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 181 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 13, 2010
I made these last night and they were delicious! I have tried lots of scone recipes and this one is the best by far! I did leave the milk off since they were sticky enough for the sugar to adhere without it.