Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped dried peaches or apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add sour cream, peaches and vanilla; stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead gently 4-5 times (dough will be sticky). Divide dough in half; gently pat each portion into an 8-in. circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut each into four wedges; separate wedges slightly.
- Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 181 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Jul 13, 2010
I made these last night and they were delicious! I have tried lots of scone recipes and this one is the best by far! I did leave the milk off since they were sticky enough for the sugar to adhere without it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.