Peach Salsa with Pork
"My husband and I had a dish similar to this in a restaurant, so we were determined to re-create it," says Lisa St. Pierre of Pleasanton, California. "The pork is tender, and the salsa is refreshing with peaches and lime juice."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- Salt and pepper
- Place pork in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; rub meat with oil. Sprinkle with oregano and cumin. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. In a bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Serve with pork.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 234 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Peach Salsa with Pork in Taste of Home June/July 2001