- 1 large peach, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix first six ingredients. In a small saucepan, bring broth and 1/4 cup peach mixture to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 15-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Add remaining peach mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 7-9 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forPeach Salsa Chicken
"Amazing! I don't usually like to "fry" meats but I doubled the recipe, followed it exactly and the dish was excellent. I think because you only brown the outside of the chicken and then it really cooks with the peach salsa it comes out very tender and moist."