- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened peach slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, nutmeg, lemon peel, salt, rhubarb and peaches. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forPeach Rhubarb Crisp
"Very good! Using fresh rhubarb and peaches makes it so much better. The only thing I would do it not put as much nutmeg....just a personal preference."
"Awesome, D-Licious! definitely a recipe i'll make again!"
"This was fantastic. The combo of the rhubarb and the peaches was perfect. Yum!"
"Oh my word this was fantastic! It is a quite simple crisp but dang it's good. I did not use any canned ingredients, my peaches, rhubarb and lemon peel were all fresh. The combination of ingredients for the peaches and rhubarb is great with the hint of lemon peel and the crumb topping is just as great. This is now my "go-to" crisp."
"I had the rhubarb but not the peaches so I used two cans of peaches, drained. Otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. It turned out very good."
"This is terrific and very easy to make. I followed the recipe to the letter, because I've never made a crumble before. I used fresh peaches from our local farmer's market -- not all of them were fully ripe but it didn't seem to make a difference. The crumble came out pleasantly tart, with just the right amount of sweetness. I added a handful of hazelnuts to the topping, which turned out well. Highly recommend -- I'll definitely make this again."
"Thanks for posting the recipe.Sounds very good."
"this is the most amazing combination for a crisp. I have this receipe but can not figure out which taste of home book its in, does anyone know?"