- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen peaches
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the batter alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in the peaches.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forPeach Pound Cake
"I cut this recipe in half and put it in a loaf pan instead of a bundt pan. It looks and tastes great! The only problem I had was that I buttered and floured the loaf pan and it still stuck! No idea why that happened! I lowered the temp to 330deg because my oven tends to run hot. It took about 58-60 minutes. Like the other reviewer, I allowed the fresh diced peaches to drain on a paper towel before folding them into the batter. I also cut back on the almond extract (using 1/4tsp instead of 1/2). Also, I used salted butter. I really enjoy the taste and plan on putting a whipped cream mousse on it as a dessert. Next time I'll try adding in other fruit as well. I'd make this again!"
"This is a really good recipe. You can certainly add another cup of peaches if you want, but we thought it was fine as is."
"Mmmmm....nummy!! Followed recipe as it is. I'm a fan of the almond extract with peaches. Looking forward to next summer when the fresh peaches are available so I can bake more."
"The texture of this cake was wonderful. Crispy/crunchy outside and moist inside. However, like another reviewer posted, it's missing a something, a little depth . I think it needs more salt (when using unsalted butter). I would up it to 1/2 a teaspoon the next time. I also think the almond extract overpowers (and I like almond extract) I will reduce to 1/2 tsp. next time."
"Absolutely delicious! The only thing I changed was to add 1 cup of huckleberries along with the peaches."
"I will definitely add at least three cups of peaches next time. I used about six fresh, very juicy peaches."
"This turned out really good. The only thing I'd change for next time is that I'd use less or no almond extract and possibly more vanilla extract. I just thought it overpowered the flavor a little bit. Otherwise, the consistency was great and making it was easy enough!"
"Yummy! First pound cake I've made and we loved it."
"This cake is great! I used 4 large peaches diced and also salted butter. I baked it 70 minutes. It is so moist and delicious! I am sure it will freeze well too."