- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed and drained
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh purple plums
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, plums, lemon juice and extract. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, lemon peel and salt. Add to fruit mixture and stir gently; let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; add the filling. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top o pie; cut slits in pastry. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover the edges loosely with foil. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Remove foil; bake 35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forPeach Plum Pie
"I love this recipe, and have made it several times. The almond extract is a brilliant addition."
"Excellent flavor I had to substitute flour for the tapioca as I was out. It is a very sweet pie. One could cut back on the sugar."