Peach Pizza Pie
We have very good peach orchards in our state, so I'm always on the lookout for recipes with peaches in them. My family and friends have enjoyed this dessert for many years.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 to 5 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground mace, optional
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add flour and mix well. Pat into a greased 12-in. pizza pan; prick with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Cool completely.
- Arrange peach slices on crust. In a large saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and mace if desired. Add orange juice and jelly; cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Spoon over peaches. Chill for 1 hour or until set. Garnish with whipped cream if desired and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 150 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Peach Pizza Pie in Country August/September 1995