We have very good peach orchards in our state, so I'm always on the lookout for recipes with peaches in them. My family and friends have enjoyed this dessert for many years.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 to 5 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground mace, optional
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add flour and mix well. Pat into a greased 12-in. pizza pan; prick with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Cool completely. Arrange peach slices on crust. in a saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and mace if desired. Add orange juice and jelly; cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Spoon over peaches. Chill for 1 hour or until set. Garnish with whipped cream if desired and serve immediately. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Peach Pizza Pie in Country August/September 1995, p51