Peach Oat Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup each all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1-1/2 cups drained canned sliced peaches in extra-light syrup, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flours, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and oat bran just until combined. Stir in peaches and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Editor's NoteAs a substitute for 1 cup oat flour, process 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats until finely ground.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 120 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 15, 2015
These are OUTSTANDING! I didn't have peaches so I used diced mangos which were excellent in these cookies. I added a couple shakes of nutmeg but overall these cookies are quite delicious.