- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 medium ripe peaches, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped or 1 cup whipped topping
- Fresh mint and additional peach slices, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. In a blender, combine peaches, honey and extract; cover and process until smooth. Stir into gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 1-1/2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat peach mixture on high speed for about 5 minutes or until doubled in volume. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Garnish with mint and additional peaches if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPeach Mousse
"Wonderful. Reminds me of orange cream popsicles! Used home canned sugar free peaches, drained completely. Making again, changing to frozen mixed berries and rasberry sugar free jello. Will skip the honey and the almond extract. Want to try different friut and jello combinations! keeper for sure! Great in the summer heat!"
"This is yummy! It's very light and versatile. I've served it in a pie crust with some fresh peaches. I've served it in a crepe topped with raspberry sauce, sort of like a peach mousse melba, LOL! I've served it in a bowl with fresh peaches on top and drizzled with a little chocolate. It always maintained its light texture and the peach flavor stood up to the other flavors nicely."
"How much whipped cream/topping is the correct amount?"