Peach Melba Ice Cream Pie
On a hot night, this pie makes a very refreshing dessert. Like most wonderful recipes, it came from a friend. As the third oldest among nine children, I've been cooking for a crowd as long as I can remember! My husband and I have four boys, 17 to 10. It never ceases to amaze me how much they can eat...and nothing makes me happier than to watch them enjoy a good meal. —Judy Vaske, Bancroft, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 quart low-fat peach frozen yogurt, softened
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- Combine the coconut, pecans and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until crust begins to brown around edges. Cool completely.
- Spoon frozen yogurt into crust; smooth the top. Spread ice cream over yogurt. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar; drain raspberry juice into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add raspberries. Cover and chill.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Arrange peaches on top of pie; drizzle with a little of the sauce. Pass the remaining sauce.