Peach Melba Ice Cream Pie
On a hot night, this pie makes a very refreshing dessert. Like most wonderful recipes, it came from a friend. As the third oldest among nine children, I've been cooking for a crowd as long as I can remember! My husband and I have four boys, 17 to 10. It never ceases to amaze me how much they can eat...and nothing makes me happier than to watch them enjoy a good meal. —Judy Vaske, Bancroft, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 quart low-fat peach frozen yogurt, softened
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- Combine the coconut, pecans and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until crust begins to brown around edges. Cool completely.
- Spoon frozen yogurt into crust; smooth the top. Spread ice cream over yogurt. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar; drain raspberry juice into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add raspberries. Cover and chill.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Arrange peaches on top of pie; drizzle with a little of the sauce. Pass the remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 401 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Peach Melba Ice Cream Pie in Country Woman May/June 1997