Peach Melba Cheesecake
This recipe was given to me by my high school English teacher and my family loves it! —Hope Gonzalez, Lancaster, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 35 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves, warmed
- Optional garnish: Fresh raspberries and additional peaches and sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and egg white. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour and vanilla. Add egg substitute; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in peaches. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- Spread preserves over the top. Garnish with raspberries and additional peaches if desired; sprinkle with sugar.
Editor’s Note: You may use two whole eggs instead of egg substitute if desired. Beat the eggs before adding them to the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 419 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Peach Melba Cheesecake in Taste of Home October/November 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.