Peach Ice Cream
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, milk and egg. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally for 2 minutes. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Stir in cream, pudding mix, peaches and vanilla into custard. Fill cylinder of an ice cream freezer two-thirds full. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with any remaining ice cream mixture.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 25, 2014
This was good, but not great for me anyway.
Jun 10, 2012
Great recipe and easy to make!
Jan 23, 2011
Awesome!!!! I have made this countless times over the years. This is my go to recipe for ice cream.
Sep 5, 2010
Delicious peach ice cream! I used fat free half and half in place of most of the whipping cream. Also made it with 1/3 cup chocolate syrup in place of the peaches, Very good!