Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour 55 min.
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- 1-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) peach preserves
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- Dash ground cloves
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 3 canned peach halves
- Score surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove into each diamond. Place on a rack in a well-greased foil-lined roasting pan. Pour soda over ham. Spread 1 cup brown sugar over ham. Add water to pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- In a large saucepan, combine the preserves, butter, honey, mustard, Liquid Smoke if desired, ground cloves and remaining brown sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Uncover ham; brush with glaze.
- Arrange the pineapple slices and peach halves over ham, securing with wooden toothpicks. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through. Discard toothpicks before carving.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces ham: 319 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 987mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Nov 24, 2013
I made this last year for our troops on Thanksgiving day. It was such a hit that I was asked to make it again and share the recipe! I of course referred them to ToH's website. We fed close to 50 soldiers not including family members. There were a total of 10 turkeys, 2 hams, many sides and desserts! We are doing it again this year too. God bless our troops and their families, we are very thankful for you! I rate this 5 stars...
Nov 9, 2011
i made this as part of a normal sunday dinner. my family loved it so much that there wasnt left overs. family of 4...