- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- 1-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) peach preserves
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- Dash ground cloves
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 3 canned peach halves
- Score surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove into each diamond. Place on a rack in a well-greased foil-lined roasting pan. Pour soda over ham. Spread 1 cup brown sugar over ham. Add water to pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- In a large saucepan, combine the preserves, butter, honey, mustard, Liquid Smoke if desired, ground cloves and remaining brown sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Uncover ham; brush with glaze.
- Arrange the pineapple slices and peach halves over ham, securing with wooden toothpicks. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through. Discard toothpicks before carving.
4 ounces ham: 319 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 987mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.