My kids have no problem eating all their vegetables when this dish is on the table. These peach-sweetened carrots are a great companion to our Easter ham. —Christine Mohn, New Providence, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Our Most Delicious Carrot Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 pounds medium carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Place carrots in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 5-8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine butter, preserves, orange juice, salt and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes or until blended. Pour over carrots; toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Peach-Glazed Carrots in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p137