VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, milk, salt, eggs and 2-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll each into a 24x13-in. rectangle; spread 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup peach preserves to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine the pecans, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle over preserves.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place, seam side down, on two greased baking sheets; curve each roll to form a crescent. With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slash a third of the way through the center of each to within 2 in. of each end. Spoon 1/4 cup preserves into each roll.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (20 slices each).
Originally published as Peach Flip in Best of Country Breads 2000, p92
Reviews forPeach Flip
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review