Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach or cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups whipped topping
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry and roll to 3/8-in. thickness. Cut along fold lines into three pieces. Cut each piece in half widthwise; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Beat egg white and water; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Split each pastry in half horizontally. Combine pie filling and extract; spoon over bottom halves of pastries. Top with whipped topping and pastry tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 364 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 23, 2010
These are GREATwith any flavor of pie filling: blueberry, apple, strawberry, lemon curd, chocolate pudding... Yep, we've made them all, and they're all AWESOME!! Sometimes for holidays I'll sprinkle the pastries with colored sugar or sprinkles in place of the regular sugar to dress them up a little.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.