This light and luscious cobbler is wonderful warm from the oven or served cold. With such great flavor, no one will guess it's good for you!—Sue Eberly, Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer’s Market Peaches
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine peaches and 1/4 cup sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg substitute, butter and remaining sugar until fluffy. Stir in milk. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture just until combined.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with peach mixture. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Peach Dream Cobbler in Country Woman March/April 1999, p36