- 6 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place peaches in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, peel and cinnamon; sprinkle over the peaches.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in egg until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches. Pour butter evenly over topping.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forPeach Crumble Dessert
"I reduced the white sugar to a half of a cup and added a half of a cup of oats like the others suggested. I was not impressed."
"This is absolutely delicious! My husband and I love this recipe. The flavors of the lemon and cinnamon add so much to the peaches. I did halve the sugar in the crumble and it was perfect. I'm definitely saving this to my recipe box! Thanks for a wonderful dessert recipe."
"I halved the sugar in both the top and bottom and added a few oats to the topping to increase the dry ingredients. It was excellent!"
"This is so good"
"Generally, I am not a fan of peach desserts (although I adore fresh peaches). But this recipe is an exception. I did as others suggested and cut the white sugar in half and I also eliminated the lemon peel and added vanilla. Delicious."
"This is so delicious and so easy to put together. I like to serve it warm with vanilla ice cream."
"OMG this was excellent!!! I followed the directions to the T. I kept sampling to make sure it was good and I ended up eating the whole corner out. ;) The flavor is insanely wonderful. Thank you!"
"Fantastic! I threw away my other long time recipe after trying this one. Definite keeper!"
"This recipe is great and not to sweet! I know some people were against using one cup of sugar as I read the reviews but the topping mixture ratio with one cup of flour wasn't creating a great crumble. Definitely something you can whip up quickly with canned peaches but will take a little more time when slicing and peeling whole peaches. All in all a great dessert!"