I had the most beautiful peaches and really wanted to bake with them. I started with my blueberry crumb bar recipe, and after a couple of tries, I am so happy with the results. My co-worker taste-testers are, too! —Amy Burns, Newman, Illinois
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer's Market Peaches
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; cut in shortening until crumbly. In another bowl, whisk egg and vanilla until blended; add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until crumbly.
- Reserve 2-1/2 cups crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Toss peaches with almond extract. In another bowl, mix cornstarch and remaining sugar; add to peaches and toss to coat. Spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake until lightly browned and filling is bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peach Crumb Bars in Taste of Home June/July 2017
Reviews forPeach Crumb Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2017
"Why do you make impossible to print your recipes. It is so madding."