- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; cut in shortening until crumbly. In another bowl, whisk egg and vanilla until blended; add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until crumbly.
- Reserve 2-1/2 cups crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Toss peaches with almond extract. In another bowl, mix cornstarch and remaining sugar; add to peaches and toss to coat. Spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake until lightly browned and filling is bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forPeach Crumb Bars
"Love these! I have also used Gf flour and they wonderful!"
"Why do you make impossible to print your recipes. It is so madding."