Peach Crepes Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4-1/2 cups), divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream and ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, flour, sugar, butter and vanilla. Cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in water until smooth. Stir in 2 cups peaches and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in almond extract and remaining peaches. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour about 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 4. Spoon filling over crepes; roll up. Top with whipped cream and nutmeg if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
2 crepes (calculated without whipped cream): 294 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Peach Crepes
"I just got an electric crepe maker and used this recipe. It turned out wonderful. Thank you for making my first time using the crepe maker great."
"These were good. I used thawed (from frozen of course) peaches (12 oz. pkg.) and cut the recipe in half and used just over 1/4 cup sugar. They were still extremely sweet, but everyone enjoyed them. I will use the dough recipe again, but will come up with a fruit recipe of my own that is a bit less sweet."
"First time making crepes and these were wonderful. easy and they were a hit with the whole family. Definitely making these again!"