- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a 9-in. pie plate. Place peaches in a bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Combine flour, egg, vanilla and remaining sugar; fold in sour cream. Stir into peaches; pour into crust. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 20 minutes.
- For topping, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top of the pie. Return oven temperature to 400°; bake 15 minutes longer. Cool. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forPeach Cream Pie
"This recipe was kind of a cross between a crumb pie and a cream pie. It was a little sweet for me, but my guests enjoyed it. I thought the topping overpowered the wonderful flavor of fresh peaches. I also didn't care for the oven temperature changes. Still, it's a solid recipe which a lot of people will love."
"We all loved this pie...make sure you give it plenty of time to cool and refrigerate so it sets up otherwise it will be runny."
"I tried this recipe using good canned peaches and it was really good. I'm sure it's even better with fresh peaches. I'll be baking it again."
"The absolute best pie I have ever tasted...and my hubby agrees!"