Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups peach preserves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, salt, eggs and 2 cups flour; beat on low speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down, Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 20x10-in. rectangle. Spread with butter; top with preserves and pecans. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting at a long end. Pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet, curving ends to make a "U" shape. With scissors, make cuts every 1-1/2 in.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cakes. Cool.
1 slice: 233 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.