Peach Cobbler with Praline Biscuits Recipe
This recipe came from a good friend of mine. I bring this often with me to potlucks or family get-togethers.—Jacqueline E. Rusnak, Emporium, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 8 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and water until smooth. Stir in peaches. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar and butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- 3. Turn dough onto a well-floured surface; knead 3-4 times. Roll into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 1/2-in. slices; place cut side down over peach mixture.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 409 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Peach Cobbler with Praline Biscuits
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC