Peach Cobbler Pie
Peach pie is typical of our state, and this recipe includes typically Southern praline topping. It was given to me when I married and set up our home more than 40 years ago. I can and freeze peaches to make this pie year-round.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pie shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, tapioca and lemon juice; let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, brown sugar and pecans in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle one-third of crumbs in pie shell; top with peach mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs, allowing peaches to show if desired.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 20 minutes longer or until peaches are tender and topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 273 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Peach Praline Pie in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.