- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add peaches; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in butter and lemon juice.
- For topping, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in milk, butter and orange peel. Transfer hot peach mixture to an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. spoon topping over peaches. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forPeach Cobbler for Two
"Leave out the orange zest because it overpowered the peach flavor. Nice topping. Just right size for two."
"Add some cinnamon to both the topping and the filling and it helps."
"This was excellent and served two just perfectly. I added a little cinnamon and nutmeg to the peaches before putting them in the baking dish. I look forward to peach season every summer. This recipe gives me one more way to enjoy my favorite fruit."
"I made this Peach Cobbler for Two and took one taste... then I had to make another one to share with my unsuspecting husband because I ate the first one I made all by myself - it is VERY good!"
"Yesterday I made this recipe for my husband and me. We live near several orchards and I had some very ripe peaches. I used one large peach in this recipe and left out the grated orange peel since my husband is not very keen on anything "different". We both thought this to be the best peach cobbler we had ever eaten. Thank you for this recipe!Ev Williams"
"First time ever making a peach cobbler & it turned out great. The reason I picked this recipe was mainly because I had all the ingredients on hand. This is a GREAT RECIPE! and I would deinitely make it again!"
"Recipe needs cinnamon and perhaps nutmeg in the sauce."