Peach Cobbler Cookies
My sister brought me fresh peaches one year, and we decided to make these fruity cookies. They also make great ice cream sandwiches—just put some vanilla ice cream between two cookies for a delicious summer treat! —Anna Miller, Churdan, Iowa
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in peaches.
- 2. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until set, 14-16 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
1 cookie: 78 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 16, 2019Really good; I doubled the recipe and froze the cookie dough balls and baked as needed. They were a real hit!
Sep 15, 2019AWSOME I added a splash of peach schnapps
Sep 5, 2019Wow! Not a huge fan of peaches but these are delicious! We have some peach trees that produced a good crop so wanted to use up the peaches I didn't can. Definitely a keeper.
Aug 11, 2019These are excellent cookies! I followed the recipe exactly and the cookies quickly disappeared at a family reunion. I’m going to make another batch and am wondering if they can be frozen. Has anyone tried freezing these cookies?
Aug 4, 2019Really tasty! I added turbinado sugar on top.
Jul 26, 2019Excellent flavor! I made a batch of these with freshly-picked peaches, and they were delicious. They are very moist, though, so not what I consider "cookie jar" cookies. These are "eat within a couple of days" cookies. Fortunately, they're so good, that is not a problem!
Jun 28, 2019Could canned peaches be substituted for fresh in the recipe? After thoroughly patting as much liquid from peaches, of course.
Jun 11, 2019All of the fats and <a href="https://www.standardcoldpressedoil.com/cold-pressed-coconut-oil">cold pressed oil in mumbai</a> that we eat are composed of molecules called fatty acids. Biochemically, fatty acids are composed of a chain of carbon atoms connected to one another by chemical bonds..
Jun 9, 2019Very good cookies!!
Jun 6, 2019very nice
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC