Peach Chicken with Stuffing
Tender chicken breasts are simmered with brown sugar, cider vinegar and a hint of allspice, then dressed up with packaged stuffing mix and convenient canned peaches.—Theresa Stewart, New Oxford, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Set aside eight peach slices for garnish; dice the remaining peaches. Add enough water to the syrup to measure 1 cup. Set peaches and syrup aside.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Add the butter, brown sugar, vinegar, allspice and reserved syrup.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add dry stuffing mix and diced peaches. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with peach slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 407 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Chicken with Peach Stuffing in Quick Cooking November/December 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.