Tender chicken breasts are simmered with brown sugar, cider vinegar and a hint of allspice, then dressed up with packaged stuffing mix and convenient canned peaches.—Theresa Stewart, New Oxford, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 35 Easter Dinners That Aren’t a Big Hunk of Ham
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Set aside eight peach slices for garnish; dice the remaining peaches. Add enough water to the syrup to measure 1 cup. Set peaches and syrup aside.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Add the butter, brown sugar, vinegar, allspice and reserved syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the dry stuffing mix and diced peaches. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with peach slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Peach Stuffing in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p14