Peach Cheese Pie
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in extra-light syrup
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving syrup; set peaches aside. In a small saucepan, combine water and reserved syrup; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 2. Transfer to a food processor. Add the peaches, cream cheese and sugar; cover and process until smooth. Pour into crust. Chill until set.
1 piece: 231 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Aug 13, 2014
It is easy to make, but if you are looking for an impressive bona fide cheesecake, this is not it.
Sep 1, 2013
what a mess!
Jul 13, 2012
I made this with fresh peaches and used 1/2 cup of water to substitute for the syrup. It was amazing! Perfect for my dad too because he loves cheesecake but is diabetic. Would make again and most likely will.
Aug 2, 2011
I am going to try this with fresh peaches as they are just coming into season. Sounds very good.
Jul 25, 2011
I fattened this recipe up by using regular cream cheese and peaches in heavy syrup. I put the filling in mini-graham cracker shells and piped coolwhip on top of them. Everyone loves having their own little pie!
Dec 31, 1969
Amazing! Not only light and tasty but was super quick to make. Hubby loved it.