Peach Cake Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add peaches; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto peaches; spread evenly. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 396 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 21, 2014
Cake batter did not bake even though I baked it for 20 minutes longer. Would not make again.
Aug 25, 2013
Although this was fairly easy to make it was just too sweet for my taste. Perhaps I didn't have enough peaches for the amount of sugar called for in the recipe. The batter was extreamly thick and difficult to spread. I'm afraid this one was not a keeper.
Aug 25, 2012
This recipe miserably failed. The peach filling was delicious, but the cake batter was so thick and did not bake well. I ended up baking this an extra 15 minutes, but still no good. Also, the filling ran over the top. I will not make this again.
Sep 13, 2008
This was the easiest dessert to make and it was a little to sweet but delicious.